Aluminum Foil Can Keep You ALIVE – Dead Serious
(Modern Survival.org) – The difference between life and death in a survival situation can often come down to one skill: ingenuity. It’s the ability to think outside the box and utilize random items for tasks beyond their original purposes.
The easiest way to build ingenuity is to learn how common, everyday items can be used now. One household staple that has a variety of survival implications is aluminum foil. Aluminum foil is lightweight, multi-purpose, and, when cared for, can be reused. This makes it a great candidate for any survivalist stockpile.
In the following video, SensiblePrepper shows just how versatile aluminum foil is:
Aluminum foil is great for cooking food over a campfire, but its applications go far beyond that. Here are a few examples of survival uses for aluminum foil:
- Aluminum foil is highly reflective, making it an excellent signal tool when lost.
- A wadded-up piece of foil can clean metal objects, from scissors to pots and pans.
- Wrapping tinder and kindling in aluminum foil will help it become water-resistant while traveling.
- A small piece of foil wrapped around a hook will attract fish.
- Placing strips of foil on strings around berry bushes or fruit trees will deter birds and other animals.
- In a pinch, aluminum foil can be fashioned into a rain catchment system for water. Likewise, a bowl made from foil can boil water in a survival situation to make it drinkable.
- If the batteries in a piece of survival gear become loose, a bit of foil placed between the battery and the spring can fix the issue.
Since aluminum foil can be shaped into a variety of forms, its survival implications are nearly endless.
With a battery, you can even use aluminum foil as a replacement for a gum wrapper to start a fire. To see how it’s done, check out this article.
~Here’s to Your Survival!
Copyright 2022, ModernSurvival.org