(ModernSurvival.org) – When one is at home, they generally expect it to be a safe and secure place to be. No one ever thinks that their house could be gone in the blink of an eye. However, for some tenants in Brooklyn, a sudden explosion proved that the sanctity of one’s home can be gone in an instant.
Video from @FDNY of explosion at 58 Vermont St in Cypress Hills it’s really a miracle that no one was more seriously hurt. 6 ppl with minor injuries, 54 displaced. One resident next door said he smelled gas and called the landlord who said he was taking care of it. #1010WINS pic.twitter.com/6WDzIpuwm5
— Samantha Liebman (@SamiLiebman) December 1, 2021
On Tuesday evening, six people suffered injuries in an explosion that sent a fireball scorching over the street outside. The blast collapsed the first floor of the building and spread fire to surrounding homes.
The six individuals suffered non-life-threatening injuries; however, the damage to the home and surrounding buildings has left dozens homeless.
According to residents, the explosion resulted from a gas leak that had been reported to the landlord. The understandably angry tenants claim nothing was done about the leak, with disastrous results.
This horrific event is another example of why it’s so important to evacuate the premises and shut the gas off when one suspects a gas leak. To see more about how to handle a gas leak, check out our article on the subject here.
~Here’s to Your Survival!
Copyright 2021, ModernSurvival.org